- I have a very small hairline fracture on my ankle. That in itself isn’t painful. The severe sprain has me still limping around in a brace over a week later. I wish there was some awesome story or explanation how I was doing something REALLY COOL and REALLY FUN and REALLY NEAT but there isn’t. I fell getting out of the truck. In front of people. Who just watched me fall, severely sprain my ankle, and fracture it a little, and then they all turned around and walked away. THE END!
- Cassidy is totally turning into a TWEEN. There are a lot of things I looked forward to when I became a mom… first steps, first words, first day of school, it was going to be all fun and smiles and swings and cartwheels. Then she turned 10 and was all HA HA JOKES ON YOU, SUCKER! There’s too much to post about this under the scope of a single bullet. THE END!
- KC the cat and Hans are complete and total lazy asses. Hans spent ALL DAY SATURDAY on our bed asleep. KC hasn’t moved off the same couch cushion in two days. THE END!
- Ben is the most patient, understanding, ball of fantastic ever to grace the face of our fine planet. And also, falling asleep next to his warm body is the highlight of my day. THE END!
- We ordered blinds from Home Depot. Yes, I own Home Depot a letter of apology. Six blinds to go on the upper windows all over the top of the living room. We also paid for installation because ladders, heavy awkward wooden blinds, and blond don’t mix. I’m really excited for them to get here and be installed. They will help a lot with the sunlight that you can’t escape in the afternoons and also keep the heat out some in the summer.
- We also have a quote from a landscaper to come in and fix some sprinklers and clean out the pond, install a new pump and get it all up and running again.
- We’ve been slowly cleaning out the yards. Trimming bushes, mowing lawns, cutting down trees, this list is really endless so I’ll just stop there. It’s looking good and will only be getting better as the weekends pass!
- I forgot to mention the severe hives attack I had for about two weeks. It sucked. I went an ENTIRE WEEK with ZERO wheat, the hives went away, I laid in the bed in a fetal position and cried. I’ve very slowly started introducing some back into my diet, but not much. MUCH less than I was eating before. Being allergic to wheat is about a fun as having your teeth knocked out one at a time. With a jackhammer.
- I have become slightly obsessed with YouTube. Specifically, makeup guru videos. I have a few favorites and I have a blog post half written to point you to some of the best ones. Also, I finally broke my six month No Makeup Buying Binge and got a few things. I also have a blog post partly written about that because I’ve found some AMAZING stuff for AMAZING deals and I want to share.
- If I were a teenage girl, I’d totally have a poster of Adam Lambert on my wall. Best Idol by far this season. He makes it seem as if singing is just… effortless. TEAM ADAM!
- If you haven’t yet, check out Castle. Nathan Fillion is so awesome. I’ve had a nerd crush on him since I fell in love with Serenity and Firefly and he’s every bit as awesome in Castle.
- Heather Armstrong is going to be in Mountain View tomorrow and I’ve been trying to fit her book signing into my schedule but it’s so late and 40 miles from home where I’ll be then. It’s only 12 miles from work but I’d have to find something to do for five hours before the signing. DILEMMA!
- I need to charge the DSLR batteries. For serious.
- THE END!
6 thoughts on “In which I use bullets to distract you from the fact that I haven’t posted in a month.”
Cassidy is 10, already?
Hope that fracture clears up, and those hives. I get those a lot. Not fun.
Wow. You are a mess! Sorry for that. What can I do to encourage you to take care of yourself better?
oh Mike oh mike, that truly…is the 15 trillion dollar question…, and likely, you and I will only know the answer when it doesn’t mean anything anymore 🙂
But some easy ones:
1. Don’t eat wheat
2. Exercise regularly
3. Life begins when you close the laptop and turn off the TV
They sound like simple ideas!
Eeew, you like Adam Lambert? He made a mockery of Johnny Cash, for srs.
lol. Danny Gokey/ Matt Giraud ALL THE WAY!
@dad: A personal assistant would help. She could do all the laundry and cleaning and stuff! Plus, she could cook me all wheat free meals and drive me to the gym! 😉 Never hurts to ask.
@Caitlin: Well, the thing about Johnny Cash is that he was a rebel and even though his music was pretty different for the time, he did things HIS way. I think that, if anything, he’d have liked that Adam took a version that refelcted him and owned it and sang it while staying true to himself.
Have you heard Social Distortions’ version where they yell “let it burn motherfucker” in the middle of it? I think that is a bit more offensive, but still, they made it their own. Adam’s version was actually a version that Dilana came up with on Rockstar Supernova (see it here) and she got great reviews for it. I guess it comes down to personal preference. I loved the song and downloaded and now force Cassidy and Ben to listen to it in the car.
And I think that, hands down, no matter what he’s sung so far, even if it’s a bit “out there”, he has BY FAR the best vocals on the show.
I do love Danny though. When Ben asked me who I thought should win I said that if I were to pick, Danny and Adam would make final two and I’d be happy with either one that won.
Ball of fantastic! Hahaha.
I hope that your ankle heals FAST. I’m glad the hives are gone, at least!
POST MORE!! 😛