Last Sunday after grabbing some breakfast with friends we got home and as I threw something away in our trashcan I saw this:
Me: THE NEIGHBORS BOUGHT AN X-WING FIGHTER WHY DON’T WE HAVE ONE OF THESE?!
Me: Yes look!
Ben: We SHOULD have one of those!
Me: HANGING FROM FISHING WIRE IN THE LOFT!
Ben: LET’S GO LOOK IT UP ONLINE!
Me: OKAY! This is why I love being an adult! You see a toy you want… AND YOU JUST BUY IT!
Ben: And you don’t even have to ask your parents!
We went upstairs and hopped on our computers and saw that it was only $35.00 and I was getting ready to order it when I realized that it had really bad reviews. It’s wings don’t even open into an X! WHAT!?
I looked around and found one that is FAR better, has wings that open and looks more like the original and is, of course, $104.00 + shipping.
Me: This is the part of being an adult that sucks.
In my head I had immediately listed out all the costs we have coming up in the next few months:
- Finishing up the tile flooring.
- New downstairs bathroom including new toilet and vanity.
- New couches for the living room.
- We NEED a new refrigerator as soon as we can fit it in the budget.
- Hopefully we can convince the rest of the neighbors to split the cost of the rest of the 2/3 of the fence that needs to be replaced.
- I’m going to Malibu in June because my cousin is graduating from Pepperdine with his PhD! Plan on spending a day at Magic Mountain on that trip.
- I might join Ben in New York for a work trip in late May.
- And oh yeah, we are buying a new car this weekend.
So no new X-Wing Fighter for us.
Sometimes being an adult can really suck.
Ben: So, should we tile?
Ben: What are you going to do?
Me: Play video games all day!
Turns out, being an adult isn’t so bad.