I’ve have to admit that I love when vloggers and bloggers put up a list of monthly favorites. At first I found the entire thing a bit silly but then I found myself watching them and then clicking to watch/read the previous months favorites and then fell down a virtual wormhole of favorites dating back three years and decided that I probably didn’t need that really popular nail polish from September 2011.
ANYWAY, I love reading them and it suddenly dawned on me that perhaps somebody would like to read mine! I’ve kept the list short and sweet. If you post your favorites on a monthly basis (YOU TOTALLY SHOULD SO I CAN READ IT!), leave a comment in case I don’t have your blog in my feed reader so that I can see what your favorite things are too!
1. Coconut Body Scrub by 100% Pure $28.00 – I wandered into this store when shopping with Cassidy and my little brother because the smell when I walked by was DIVINE. We spent time smelling pretty much every item in the store but trying to be good I made myself choose ONLY ONE to buy. I love all things coconut so I brought this home then it sat on the bathtub for almost a month before I finally used it. OMG this stuff is AMAZEBALLS! The list of ingredients speaks for itself. It’s all organic, vegan and full of amazing oils. My legs and arms get VERY VERY dry from shaving and being out in the sun. So much so that I often apply lotion at LEAST twice a day. After using this I can go two full days without ever having to apply lotion. I can not recommend it highly enough!
2. Runkeeper Website and Mobile App FREE! – I’ve actually been using this application since September 2009 and after trying several different run apps, I keep coming back. So far it’s GPS has been incredibly accurate, I like that I can set reminders to motivate myself and set specific goals (right now my goal is to run 100 miles before the end of the year!). I also love that I can look back on runs, walks and bike rides to see how far I’ve grown in my fitness goals. And plays really well with Facebook.
3. Vitamix 5200 Blender $479.95 on Amazon but I got it for FREE! – My mom didn’t like that it didn’t fit under her counter with the lid on (it doesn’t fit under ours either but I’ll DEAL) so she gave it to us and ordered herself a smaller version. This thing is amazing so far. I’ve wanted one for YEARS but our Kenmore blender, that Ben has had for over 12 years now, worked and we don’t generally replace appliances unless they die or it’s a gift. There were many days I stared at that damn Kenmore blender and willed it to DIE ALREADY but it just kept on going. Ben has been using the Vitamix it for his shakes every day and I’ve been trying lots of different green smoothie recipes and all it’s worked perfectly. LOVE IT. It will straight up liquefy some spinach in less than 20 seconds.
4. GU Energy Gel $31.50 for a box of 24 – For several of my afternoon runs I was just EXHAUSTED before I started (getting up at 4:00AM every day will do that) and it was really showing in my endurance. Ben suggested eating one of these gels about 15 minutes before the run and the difference is VERY CLEAR. I have more than enough endurance and energy to make it through the run feeling strong. I bought a bunch of different flavors and so far my two favorites are Salted Caramel and Espresso Love. As my runs get longer I can see keeping one in my pocket to re-energize during the run but I’m not there… YET.
4. Island Coconut Soy Scented Candle from Target $5.00 for a small or $10.00 for a large – Again with the coconut love. It’s been one of my favorite scents FOREVER. I bought several of these soy scented candles in the small jars from Target to try the different scents and the coconut is the one I keep lighting. It’s currently sitting on the ledge in front of me at my computer and I light it whenever I sit down in the loft. Even Ben has commented that he likes the smell and he’s generally not a coconut fan. I’d say it’s had about 8 hours of burn time now and it’s about half gone which isn’t bad. I also keep the lid off if it when not in use and it continues to release the scent.
DISCLOSURE: I have no material relationship to any brand mentioned in this post. All items listed were purchased with my own money or given to me by my crazy mother who gets nothing in return from this review other than a really happy daughter and some brownie points.